incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:12:11 GMT
Am 01.07.2011 18:47, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
> On 01.07.2011 13:42, Greg Stein wrote:
>> [...] Please look at
>> tools/dev/fetch-all-cws.sh. Each of these CWS repositories (on Mac OS)
>> are consuming 600 Mb *minimum*. I've fetched a dozen, and a couple are
>> over 2 Gb each, and another over 1 Gb. And this is with the clone/pull
>> technique.
>
> Because of the disk space demands I think an approach with one
> repository with one branch per CWS would be better for the initial
> import. In hg there are more opportunities for this approach (using
> NamedBranched, UnnamedBranches, MultipleHeads, LocalBranches or
> Bookmarks) than I as git-fan would care to know. Please see the attached
> file where I hacked together a script that imports the CWSs into one
> repository with multiple bookmarks.
>
>> I don't have enough space on my laptop to do a complete trial run. I'm
>> hoping that somebody can figure out how to reduce the disk footprint,
>> or determine that we just have to suck it up. And it would be nice to
>> understand what that target size will be, for all 250 CWS
>> repositories.
>
> As Michael mentioned it's much less than the 250, as only about 15
> CWSses (see http://goo.gl/gczAH for details) are marked as fully tested
> and but not-yet integrated.
>  From these the ones targeted at the stabilization branch (calc67,
> calc68, ooo34gsl01, ooo34gsl02, writerfilter10, native373, jl167) are
> more important than the ones targeted for trunk (sb140, sb143, hsqldb19,
> hr77, ause131, sd2gbuild).
>
> There are a few more very good CWSses which were not yet officially
> approved in the old OOo system. E.g. CWS aw080 Armin mentioned. If Armin
> can confirm that this CWS is ready we should pull it in too.

Well, it will need some more work, but it is ready in the sense that it
is on DEV300 m106 and that I am pushing to the old locations all the
time. Main point is to get over to this dev line so that I can resync to
the trunc here locally ASAP instead of continuing work with what will be
an outdated rep soon.

2nd point is to get into the transition from the licenses ASAP, too. I
can continue (and I do) to work on DEV300 codeline, but as soon as we
have a running build here I opt for migrating.