incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: "Major Gaps of OpenOffice Impress 3.3 vs. Microsoft Office PowerPoint"
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:07:05 GMT

On Jul 27, 2011, at 1:06 PM, Rob Weir wrote:

> http://freesoftware.zona-m.net/major-gaps-of-open-office-impress-versus-microsoft-power-point-what-do-you-think/
>
> An interesting read with ideas on areas where we can improve.

I am reminded that the PDF Importer extension is wrong to not allow the user to choose which
type of ODF to create. Impress would be my first choice - not Draw.

Nearly complete fidelity between PPT, Impress, and PDF would be great. Probably a feature
of the ODF Toolkit making use of Apache POI and PDFBox.

When discussing PowerPoint it important to know that the binary format differs slightly from
version to version, it is not a static beast.

How does OOo behave with PPTX vs. PPT? The article does not make a distinction and they are
different beasts.

Regards,
Dave