incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:23:18 GMT

On 13 Jul 2011, at 15:10, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

to be under the sole oversight of the (P)PMC, or are you simply indicating that involvement
in an external shared repository would need to be with the consent of the (P)PMC?

>>> You might have snipped a wee bit too much there.  But the short answer
>>> is: got a concrete proposal?
>>
>> Yes, I proposed that the project redirect to the LibreOffice repository for as long
as necessary to bridge the construction phase of the Apache project.

> (1) Is that what the PPMC wants?
>
> (2) Is this consistent with the Apache Branding Policy?

I believe those questions were implied, and I'm sure the PPMC will consider them. However,
my question was asking you for clarification of your assertion that "we will expect the (P)PMC
to demonstrate active oversight of that repository".

S.