incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:48:15 GMT
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rob Weir wrote on 2011-07-29 16:49:
>>
>> What did you think of Simon's idea of having a discussion list,
>> perhaps outside of Apache, where interested parties could discuss
>> issues related to the security of OOo and related code bases?
>> Something like that could be useful, even if it is not part of the
>> official incident response process of Apache or LibreOffice.
>
> I was not talking about chatting on security topics, I was talking about
> effectively cooperating on security issues, like we did in the past, in a
> trusted, well-proven group.
>
> However, people made it clear that this is not of interest, so I simply shut
> up here.

The offer remains open:  If any LibreOffice security expert joins this
list, states that they have relevant expertise and that expresses a
commitment to work on Apache OpenOffice security, and are willing to
sign and return the Apache iCLA, then I will gladly nominate them as a
committer and recommend that they be added to the ooo-security list.

One post to the list and one email with a scanned image of a signed
iCLA.  This is not a lot of bureaucracy.  In fact it would take less
time than you or I have already spent debating whether or not we're
open to cooperation.