incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Local Website Development w/ Apache CMS
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:43:29 GMT
Very nice.

But a question: I know that committers must checkout code via the
https URL in order to be able to later commit.  But is there any
reason why a contributor could not download via that same URL?  I
thought the authentication was only required at commit time.  If this
is true, that would simplify your instructions.

-Rob

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> I added a page to the website http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html
>
> This explains how to do website development for the project on your local computer.
>
> I added the page to the sidenav under Development as Website. There is a mention and
link on the Developer FAQ.

> Help is needed explaining the best way for a Contributor (non-committer) to provide a
possibly large patch. See the bottom of the page.