incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Wikipedia's "Rate this page"
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:13:09 GMT
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Danese Cooper <danese@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> You may not know that I am the CTO of Wikimedia Foundation.  Let me tell you
> that you want to first watch the experiment that is the new Article Feedback
> feature play out awhile on Wikipedia.  We at WMF have no idea whether we're
> even measuring the right things with that tool yet.

I've seen a similar approach done with documentation and support pages
for commercial products as well.  So I think the idea has a good
pedigree.  But you do need to ask the right questions.  I think the
right questions for product documentation are likely to differ from
the questions used at Wikipedia.