incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:17:42 GMT
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 6 Jul 2011, at 23:19, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> I think we're transitioning from a formally coordinated model led by a
>> corporation to a model that will have less formal coordination
>> structures.  This is necessary to grow the project in the absence of
>> corporate control.  But it will take some time to get used to it.
>
> I've always assumed that the extremely careful approach the development team was using
was more a function of the size, complexity and intra-dependency of the code than of corporate
control. It is amazing how a small, obvious change in one part of OOo can result in a nasty
intermittent fault in another part...

I've heard rumors of large C/C++ software applications where this is
not true, but I have yet to see one.

-Rob