incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Blog Created
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:42:48 GMT
On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Dang!
>
> Well, I just jumped right in.
>
> So, we want the blog to be the official voice of the project in some way?

I think it will be seen that way by the reader, certainly.

> Is that a requirement?  Is that what we want?  I thought that is what web sites are
for.  Blogs have a different kind of voice in my experience.

I thought your post was very nice and had the right tone.  But I think
we should try for the 3 day RTC in the future.  Unlike a commit to the
web site, we cannot easily revert a blog post, especially once it is
syndicated and has been copied by various aggregators.

> I have lots of outlets for blogging, and I could always create an Apache-oriented RSS
feed for aggregation, although probably not, since it doesn't seem like that much fun.

There is already:  http://planet.apache.org/

That includes a committers aggregator as well as a project aggregator.

I run planet.opendocumentformat.org, and I can include our new AOOo blog.

There is also Planet OpenOffice.org:   http://planet.services.openoffice.org/

Who maintains that?

> Ah well,
>
>  - Dennis

3-4 days via the "Advanced Settings", then post the modified preview URL to your dev@ list
with the anticipated publish date for lazy consensus."