incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Migration, Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 17:12:12 GMT
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Raphael Bircher <> wrote:
> Am 05.07.11 18:27, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> I'd like to help move this discussion forward.  I'm not perceiving any
>> *strong* opinions on the Bugzilla versus JIRA question.  But I am
>> hearing several suggest that JIRA is a better tracker (custom
>> dashboards in particular were called out).  Bugzilla got some nods for
>> the ease of migration and the customization done to the OOo version.
> Let's wait a little bit longer. The OOo Bugzilla is adapted in same case to
> the project. First I'like to have a database dump and the used bugzilla
> templates. So we can find out the difference between normal Bugzilla and the
> OOo Bugzilla. And If we realy want to mofe to JIRA then we should first
> evaluate the possible problem Areas.

Is this something that you are working on?

Right now, I'm only exploring feasibility, what is possible.  If we
find that migration to JIRA is feasible, then I'd propose going ahead
with it.  But now I am exploring.  But I think this is something that
we can do quickly.  It is one of the easier areas to migrate.

> For my point of view it's not a good idea to setup now all tools. Else we
> will maybe run in the problem, that we can't import the old data.

Our notes crossed, but did you see the my idea of migrating first to a
clean, uncustomized Bugzilla, and then from there to JIRA?

> I propose that we make first a test migration and then the live migration.
> So we have the possibility to track the problemes.

Yes, of course.

> Greetings Raphael
> --
> My private Homepage: