incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Mailing list moderation question
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:47:37 GMT
I Just noticed that I'm signed up as moderator for the ooo-security
list as "robweir@apache.org".  This appears to allow me to receive
message (the forwarding works) but does not allow me to issue list
commands.  The list manager does not appear to use mailAlias.txt to
resolve my other addresses, and I don't see any way in which I can
originate an email from an apache.org address.

Is this analysis correct?  If so, is there an SMTP I should be using
to send emails from apache.org? Or is the solution to use a real
address for list moderators and not the apache.org forwarding address?

If the latter is correct, how do I get the moderation address switched
on ooo-security.incubation.a.o, say from robweir@apache.org to
apache@robweir.com?  Does that require an JIRA ticket?  Or is that
something a mentor can do directly?

Thanks!