incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:27:34 GMT
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Florian Effenberger
>> <floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I was not talking about chatting on security topics, I was talking about
>>> effectively cooperating on security issues, like we did in the past, in a
>>> trusted, well-proven group.
>>>
>>> However, people made it clear that this is not of interest, so I simply shut
>>> up here.
>>>

>> The offer remains open:  If any LibreOffice security expert joins this
>> list, states that they have relevant expertise and that expresses a
>> commitment to work on Apache OpenOffice security, and are willing to
>> sign and return the Apache iCLA, then I will gladly nominate them as a
>> committer and recommend that they be added to the ooo-security list.
>
> Sarcasm does not "travel well", maybe you should add <sarcasm>
> </sarcasm> to the above paragraph ?

I hope this was not taken as sarcasm.  It certainly was not attended as such.

And note that this is not just a personal offer from me.  This is just
the way Apache works.  Any PPMC member could make the same offer.  I'm
just saying that getting experts from LibreOffice involved is priority
for me, and the steps I outlined above are the most natural way to
make this happen.