incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 18:30:57 GMT
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> There are 20 Initial Committers on the OpenOffice.org incubator proposal who have not
yet submitted iCLAs or informed us of their intention not to do so.

> Today I used the following format for a message to one of those Initial Committers.
>
> Before 19 more of these are sent out I wanted to check how understandable this is.

Dennis, looking at the 19 who have not responded and the subscribers
to the list, do you have a sense of how many fit into these
categories:

1) Never showed up at all.  No iCLA, not subscribed to ooo-dev, heard
nothing from them at all?

2) Signed up on the list, but inactive

3) Signed up and active on the list.

> I am particularly concerned for how clear this is for those who are not native English
speakers.

> I welcome your advice.
>
>  - Dennis
>
> *** specimen message ***

OpenOffice.org incubator podling. You are also invited to serve on the Podling Project Management
Committee after you are established as a committer.

> The prerequisite to becoming established as a committer is to register an iCLA agreement
with Apache.

> Our records indicate that no iCLA has been received from you.
>
> If you do not choose to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to <ooo-private@incubator.apache.org>.
 We will then know not wait for it.

> If you are submitting an iCLA, please report your decision to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
and indicate how much time you need before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.

> For more information and iCLA/CCLA forms, go to <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.
 Complete instructions for submission of an iCLA is at the top of the form (text or PDF).