incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Q: Notices in Code
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 19:43:56 GMT
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Simple version of the question: Is your putting notices on everything your personal practice
or is it a requirement that this be done with all textual artifacts where notices are possible?

>  - Dennis
>
> LONGER VERSION
>
> I looked over the ooo/trunk/tools/dev/ repository and noticed that you put Apache notices
on all of your files, including .txt and .sh.

> I have been setting up forensic tools on a different repository that I happen to be the
sole committer for, and I wanted to stage things so that they could be cleanly transferred/granted
to Apache if that became desirable at some point.  I am being careful with category A third-party
code, not using any other kind, and putting everything else and the combined works under an
Apache license.

> Is it a rigorous requirement to put Apache notices on all textual files that I am placing
under the Apache license?  (I have test data that, by its nature, I can't do that with, but
I can do so on the containers and descriptive texts about that data.)

Does this page answer your question?

http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html