incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:12:10 GMT
Is the Hg ==> Git conversion easier/cleaner than the conversion to SVN?

I notice that Apache Infrastructure does support *read-only* Git repositories:

http://git.apache.org/

Would it be any simpler to move the enter Oracle-hosted project,
including all CWS's to a read-only Git, and then create a dump of just
the integrated trunk (with history) for the project's SVN repository?
Then, we'll have ongoing access to the CWS's in Git until such point
as they are ready to be integrated.  In other words, treat the Git
version as a read-only archive.

-Rob