incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From C <smau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:51:31 GMT
On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:35, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Moving the wiki is going to be a bear. I can only help with the cleanup
> afterward, since that merely requires some OO.o familiarity, and modest
> Confluence skill.

The documentation in the current MediaWiki instance has, as many of
you well know, some very deep dependencies on MW and on the various
extensions (custom written and standard).  I have a feeling that there
are quite a few people here who have no idea just how monumental of a
task that would be.  It will not be a "simple" import... it will
require a manual rework of a couple thousand pages of Wiki content
just to pull in the docs...

The short of it is.. I'll help move the MediaWiki to a new server on
the Apache side (if the decision is made to do this), but I'm not
interested in moving the content to Confluence (if this is the final
decision).

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccornell@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead