incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From C <smau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An introduction and a discussion about the OpenOffice User Forums
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:19:37 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 01:01, TerryE <ooo@ellisons.org.uk> wrote:
>> How do the User Forum and MediaWiki handle webpage templates? How many are
>> used?

> As far as the wiki goes, this template has been more heavily customised
> again using standard MediaWiki hooks and facilities.  Switching logos and
> banners would be reasonably straight forward, but alas the guys that did the
> bulk of the content management are history.

The Wiki skin is basically a modified default Monobook Media Wiki
skin... other than some CSS wizardry, there is little else that has
been changed. The majority of the work on the CSS was done by IvanM,
JZA, and myself.  I haven't spotted IvanM yet, but JZA and I have
shown up here once or twice.

>> (3) Legal - IP, Copyright and Licensing
>> We will need to make sure that we have clear documentation of the
>> copyright and license for the content on the wiki and user forums. We'll
>> need to make sure that the Migration does not infringe on anyone's copyright
>> and/or inadvertently change any licenses. If we are clear about what we are
>> planning for these sites on an openoffice.org domain then it *might* be
>> possible to take everything.
>
> The forum content was all under the Sun then Oracle terms which roughly
> mirror CCA but with OOo retaining full rights to use.  All bar a few dozen
> of the wiki pages likewise.  But the lawyers will know doubt find reasons to
> charge their fees :-)

The Wiki was generally under the Sun and the Oracle TOU.  Some
segments of the Wiki are under explicit licensing - PDL and/or CC-By -
where this is the case (for example in the Documentation Project
subpages), this is clearly noted in the specific footer.

Clayton