incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:29:00 GMT
Hi Ingrid, *,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM, IngridvdM <IngridvdM@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> I disagree with you in the opinion that the door needs to be closed some day
> and that people need to be sorted out. This can easily be felt to be very
> alienating, without any positive effect.

I strongly disagree here. The door is not closed as written many times already.

> Lets choose the example that an initial commiter signs up the iCLA only next
> year. The reasons are pointless.

No, not at all, you cannot be an *INITIAL* committer if you're not
part of it from the very beginning.

> The ones that have signed the iCLA can simply fully work already. Those
> who have not signed the iCLA can contribute via mail and the user wiki.

Yes. But not as *initial* committers.

> So lets not waste our time with processes to prevent something that is of no
> harm.

It is doing harm. Having "fake" committers/supporters that only exist
on paper is doing big harm (in perception, reputation of the whole
project).

ciao
Christian