incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 04:48:01 GMT
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 14:19, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > No need to drag the .org into the future, if Apache is prefixed. If no
> > prefix, yes, we lead with the trademark of record: OpenOffice.org. IMHO.
> > Let's simply use Apache OpenOffice.
>
> Agreed. The ".org" is an anachronism from a long time ago. Everybody I
> talk to says "OpenOffice". Nobody puts the ".org" in there, whether
> they should or not. And by branding it "Apache OpenOffice", we are
> unique and should not be infringing on anybody else's mark.
>
> +1 to Apache OpenOffice.

By that you basically state that no matter what, OpenOffice will always be
OpenOffice whenever is OpenOffice.org or Apache OpenOffice. So I guess ur
point on "Everybody I talk to" is irrelevant.

I have never heard people saying Novell OpenOffice or Lindows OpenOffice or
Oracle Open Office. But that doesnt mean they dont exist. Most users from
Ubuntu kept saying OpenOffice even thought they were using Novell Edition
for the past 3 years.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol