incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:35:42 GMT
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:24 AM, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au>wrote:

> You misunderstood,
>
> the project name becomes the subdomain name associated with the website
>
> there is no project called ‘ooo’ so ‘ooo.apache.org’ will not be accepted.

What about http://ofbiz.apache.org/ for Open for business project.
I am sure nobody will call that "Off biz". And if they do, it wouldnt be
that beneficial marketing wise, sound like out of business.
Also, these rules seem a bit archaic, it should be accepted whatever makes
sense. Domain names and brands are not the same thing, because domains have
restrictions on itself... like this one.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español