incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <in...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for OOo branding...
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 06:54:41 GMT
Hello,

2011/7/23 Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>

> Was this a case of there not being enough volunteers to do the work?
> Or the work as already done, but the work as not being integrated into
> the build?
>
> There are really three kinds of proposals:
>
> 1) Good idea, and there are enough people willing to contribute to it
> in order to make it happen
>
> 2) OK idea, but not a priority for enough people.  So the idea languishes.
>
> 3) Bad idea.

The formal proposal for that project is still here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/LibreOfficeWiki/Proposed
"Central Web Structure for LibreOffice Volunteers"

In the Italian Community, we have even created a test site, tested different
CMS and really tried to make the project take off.

However, I've *felt* a strong opposition from the developers that, IMO, is
related to the "Cathedral and Bazaar Open Source Approaches", with a
prevalence of the Bazaar approach in LibO, in which "more freedom and less
centralization equals to more efficiency of development".

Indeed, I'd have said that the Bazaar approach creates more innovation
rather than more efficiency, but I usually don't start religious wars about
these topics. :-)

Coming back in topic, about your question for informed consesus, here

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Q1LyPjMm_MEJ:blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/entry/unified_odf_icons+&cd=5&hl=it&ct=clnk&source=encrypted.google.com

you can find a web cached version of the GullFOSS blog post in which the
"Unified ODF Icons" were announced and at the end of the page you can find
the "not-so-happy" comments of OOo users.

There is also a OOo issue with a very long discussion about the topic. I
don't remember its number. I'll try to search for it and then I'll post the
URL if I'll find it.

Regards

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: