incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Future of OOo
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:19:58 GMT
I want to make it clear that I have absolutely no intention of talking
about the past in this presentation. I am not a part of OOo's history,
other than being a Star Office user way back when it had a browser,
mail client and calendar in addition to the current tools in OOo. I
remember a Star Office that, when you ran it you got a whole new
"desktop" with its own "start" button.

Since I am not a part of OOo history I cannot represent it accurately
or impartially and I have no intention of trying to do so. I wonder if
anyone has a screen-shot of the original Star Office "desktop", that
might make a good slide against which I can explain that I will not be
talking about history (unfortunately the wayback machine only goes
back to mid 2000).

In this session I will only be talking about what I know and
understand. In this case that is the ASF and what it means for OOo to
be in the Incubator. This question is about the latter part, what it
means to the OO.o community (including users).

Thank you to all who have commented so far. I'm only going to reply to
questions that are directed at me, but naturally I am reading
everything to ensure I am as well informed as possible. Please keep
your comments coming, but lets keep them focussed on the future, not
the past.

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com