incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: OOo Trademark
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:38:51 GMT
On 19 July 2011 06:37, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still getting requests now and again from persons who want to use the
> trademark OpenOffice.org for various reasons. In former times I have been
> pointing them to a web form that Oracle was providing. So, my questions are:
> - Is the OOo trademark already with Apache?

I'm not sure if it has finally transferred I know the paperwork has
been flying around. Shane/Sam are either of you able to give an
update?

> - If yes, I recall I have to forward them to trademarks@apache.org, right?

It's the job of the (P)PMC to manage the trademark policy (see
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/)

What this means is that the request should come to ooo-dev first. If
it is clearly within the policy then the (P)PMC can give permission.
If there is any doubt then it should be referred to trademarks@a.o

Note trademarks@a.o will enforce the policy if there is a case of
misuse, so it is important that the (P)PMC is fully aware of the
policy when giving permission.

>  + Do requesters still have to use the web form?

Requests should come here (or ooo-private if the company has need for
the request to be private). If you have a webform that has been used
in the past it would make sense to continue to use it, but the
requests need to be brought to the project community.

Ross