incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Future of OOo
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:26:34 GMT
As this list knows i will be speaking at the 6th ODF Plugfest on what
it means to OOo to be in the Apache Incubator. Since I am only a
mentor and not a committer my presentation will focus on the Apache
Way rather than the future of OOo. My intention is to communicate the
open and, in particular, the vendor neutral, environments that we need
to create for the Apache OO.o project to be a success.

However, I would like to spend a few minutes on the medium to long
term technical goals of the community today. I will use the original
incubator proposal to inform this section of my presentation. However,
if anyone on this list feels that I should highlight anything specific
please let me know and I'll do the best I can.

Similarly, if there is any specific "call to action" the community
would like me to make please suggest it here.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)