incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Symphony contribution
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:29:36 GMT
On 13 July 2011 23:00, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> However, we at IBM have not been exemplary community members when it
> came to

HehHeh, careful that might appear as a quote in my Apache Way talk at
the plugfest ;-) *

Seriously though, this news sounds really exciting. I'll let the
committers here decide what it means to the OOo project. But as a
mentor I welcome the community focussed aspects of your plan. In
particular I appreciate that this mail does not assume the community
will adopt all the Symphony code without question. It is great that
you are leaving space for the community to decide on its own
priorities and offering support in implementing those priorities.

... snip lots of cool stuff about the proposed donations ...

> For example, the IAccessible2 work which helps
> Symphony work better with assistive technology.

Speaking personally I find this news really exciting. I'm now even
more grateful that some of the a11y folk we contacted in proposal
stage have signed up. I'm sure they will be keen to help evaluate
these aspects of the Symphony contributions.

* don't worry - I won't use that quote. I'll leave it to you to
communicate that message however you like.

View raw message