incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle Connector for SharePoint
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:27:05 GMT
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <
dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> I'm not up for working on CMIS at this time, personally, but I think there
> is an open-source toolkit from Alfresco that might help if it is not already
> being used.  John Newton was very keen on encouraging CMIS adoption, of
> course.

Alfresco provides probably one of the best or better most complete
implementations for CMIS in their CMS and would be my first choice for a
server backend for any kind of testing ...

> I also agree that using the open-standards route for an adapter is a good
> idea.
>
> Although Microsoft was very prominent on the OASIS CMIS Committee, and one
> of the contributors of the initial specifications, I don't know which
> version of Sharepoint provides CMIS access nor how well-developed it is.
>  This seems like the place to start though: <
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff934619.aspx>.
>
> This is interesting too, <
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_Management_Interoperability_Services>.
>  The client-side Apache Chemistry code is in Java, but it might be useful to
> examine for design ideas.
>
> i know and it is fine, all our connectors were implemented as extensions
and in Java. I think the realization as an extension is quite perfect
because most (private) users don't need it.

Juergen