incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog Created
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:20:58 GMT
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
> <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> > Dang!
> >
> > Well, I just jumped right in.
> >
> > So, we want the blog to be the official voice of the project in some way?
> >

> I think it will be seen that way by the reader, certainly.
>
> > Is that a requirement?  Is that what we want?  I thought that is what web
> sites are for.  Blogs have a different kind of voice in my experience.
> >

> I thought your post was very nice and had the right tone.  But I think
> we should try for the 3 day RTC in the future.  Unlike a commit to the
> web site, we cannot easily revert a blog post, especially once it is
> syndicated and has been copied by various aggregators.
>
> > I have lots of outlets for blogging, and I could always create an
> Apache-oriented RSS feed for aggregation, although probably not, since it
> doesn't seem like that much fun.
> >

> There is already:  http://planet.apache.org/
>
> That includes a committers aggregator as well as a project aggregator.
>
> I run planet.opendocumentformat.org, and I can include our new AOOo blog.
>
> There is also Planet OpenOffice.org:
> http://planet.services.openoffice.org/
>
> Who maintains that?

I think
Martin Hollmichelmight be a good bet since this is where the "contact us"
link goes.

> > Ah well,
> >
> >  - Dennis

MzK

"He's got that New Orleans thing crawling all over him, that good stuff,
that
'We Are the Champions', to hell with the rest and I'll just start over kind
of attitude."
                  — "1 Dead in the Attic", Chris Rose