incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <khir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:09:38 GMT
Hi all,

I like "OpenOffice.org."
But I would like to ask Japanese OpenOffice.org users what they think
about the name of the product they are using now.
We, OpenOffice.org Japanese Language Project, has strictly applied the
policy[1] to our marketing and promotion of OpenOffice.org in Japan
and increased our user base[2].  These companies and local governments
use "OpenOffice.org" as name of the product they adopted.

A recent example.
http://native-lang.openoffice.org/planet/
http://openoffice.exblog.jp/11503136/
You can see "OpenOffice.org" on Yamagata prefectural government's
offcial homepage.
http://www.pref.yamagata.jp/ou/somu/020051/openoffice_dounyu.html

[1] http://about.openoffice.org/#logo
[2] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/JA/Marketing/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments

>From this thread "OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)"  I don't see
reasons why ".org" should be dropped or why no need to drag ".org"
clearly.

Can anyone tell me why?

Because it's ugly?
:)