incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:17:05 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2011, at 15:10, Sam Ruby wrote:

need to be under the sole oversight of the (P)PMC, or are you simply indicating that involvement
in an external shared repository would need to be with the consent of the (P)PMC?

>>> Yes, I proposed that the project redirect to the LibreOffice repository for as
long as necessary to bridge the construction phase of the Apache project.

>> (1) Is that what the PPMC wants?
>>
>> (2) Is this consistent with the Apache Branding Policy?
>
> I believe those questions were implied, and I'm sure the PPMC will consider them. However,
my question was asking you for clarification of your assertion that "we will expect the (P)PMC
to demonstrate active oversight of that repository".

It is getting hard for my to follow what questions are explicit and
what questions are implicit then.

Going back to the actual question you asked above: clearly the TDF has
an external repository without the sole oversight by this PPMC, and
that does not pose a problem.

You've suggested multiple times that this project makes redirects of
various kinds to LibreOffice sites.  Until I see some evidence that
this is what the PPMC wants, I will not comment further on that
suggestion.

> S.

- Sam Ruby