incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:39:30 GMT
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011, at 8:03 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:

a comment from one of the mentors.

>>> See Daneese Cooper's emails.
>>
>> Did you have a specific one in mind? Naturally I read everything Danese writes, but
so far I have not seen her comment on the issue of whether and how market research over-rides
the interests of Apache members.

> Sorry, I am out of pocket and this thread is so long. Basically she is talking about
consulting one of the ASF's attorney's regarding the names and brand dilution issues from
a legal standpoint.

You are likely referring to this post then:

http://s.apache.org/UxA

> I hadn't gotten to market research. I'm focused on migration and the websites - all names
are possible right now and in the future. I don't want to tie the branding too tightly in
the web design. The Apache CMS will allow us to isolate these elements.

> Regards,
> Dave

- Sam Ruby