incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:37:07 GMT
Hi Peter,

nice to meet YOU ;-)

## Manfred - (android) mobil - please excuse typos
Am 03.07.2011 08:56 schrieb "Peter Junge" <peter.junge@gmx.org>:
> Hello Raphael,
>
> good having you around here.
>
> Peter
>
> On 24.06.2011 15:42, Raphael Bircher wrote:
>> Hi at all
>>
>> My name is Raphael Bircher and living in Switzerland. The moast of the
>> peoples knows me already. I'm in the OOo Community since the End 2005. I
>> doing QA, Web Stuff, and sametimes I try to do a little bit coding. I've
>> all teached myself, programming experiences and also my bad developer
>> english (without OOo I think I had never learned english). My work for
>> OOo was:
>>
>> - Help by the release QA for the german NLC
>> - Bughunting, IssueTracker cleaning
>> - QA for Mac during and after Aqua porting
>> - Automated Testing
>> - QA the Mac OS X Langpacks
>> - Mentoring new peoples in QA
>> - QA and scripting for the OOo Website
>> - Evaluate problems depended to the Kenai migration.
>> - Dedecting wrong subscribe links during the kenai migration with a
>> script (over 30'000 pages checked)
>> - A portable OpenOffice.org for Mac (never published)
>>
>> Non tecnical stuff
>> - New Member recruting (same of the hardest jobs at OpenOffice.org)
>> - Particip at souveral Events (at the moment no time, see below)
>> - initial and founding Member of OpenOffice.org Switzerland (now saffos
>> swiss assossiacion for free and fair software solutions) I'm no longer
>> member of this assossiacion, but I have contact to it.
>>
>> Work at the moment
>> - Helping by the migration to Apache
>> - 64 bit Version of OOo for Mac
>>
>> And if sameone believe, that my live is filled with OpenOffice.org only,
>> then you are wrong. I have a much bigger passion as OpenOffice.org. It's
>> Sport. I have had many difficult time in my live. I was born with a
>> strong physical handicap called ICP, I had cancer in the year 2005/2006,
>> but nothing of this things blocks me out in sport. My main sport is
>> floorball, this is a hockey sport wich is realy popular in Sweeden
>> Finland Czach Rebublik and Switzerland. I play it for about 20 years
>> now. But sport is for me much more then fun, it's a way of therapy for
>> my handicap and it's a good way to show the people that much mor is
>> possible as you expect. I train 6 times per week and sametimes more.
>> This is the reason why I have not the time to particip at events for
>> OOo. I hope you can respect this. For all who want to see me play, I
>> have a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBx08dH1Sj0)
>>
>> Back to OOo, what's my reason to particip on it. Because of the sport
>> and also because social assurance issue it's not easy for me to work for
>> money (in this case Switzerland is a complicate and same times paradox
>> Country). But I can't only sit here, and wait for the next training. I
>> have to do samething in the free time, and I like to do same thing that
>> is usfull for all. I think OpenOffice.org is a good thing to du this.
>> The work on the computer is a good alternation to the hard work on the
>> sportfield. Also I want to keep open the door to the world of IT, even I
>> don't know if I would work as professional IT in future. I tend more to
>> going direction motivation & coaching, sport coach or samething like
that.
>>
>> Anyway, the next five years I will make sport, and that's my first
>> priority. In this time I will also particip to OOo. We had a realy hard
>> time at our project, and sametimes it realy hurt wat's going on the last
>> 12 month. Now we see a light and I realy hope that we take the chance.
>>
>> I want to finish my introduction with a little philosophical quote from
>> myself. This quote I said as I was in the hospital with cancer and a
>> survey chance between 30 and 50 %.
>>
>> "Im grössten Tief ist der Anfang deines grössten Hochs, du wächst mit
>> den negativen und nicht mit den positiven Momenten"
>>
>> Translation to english
>> "In the deepest deep is the beginning of your biggest heighlight, you
>> growing up with the bad and not with the good things."
>>
>> Greetings Raphael

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message