incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: single repository status
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 22:38:59 GMT
On Jul 9, 2011 3:45 PM, "Mathias Bauer" <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:

> On 09.07.2011 20:23, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > I don't understand this. There are changesets in sbclean that are *not*
in
> > OOO340. Why would we not want them?
> >
> > And what is the term "masterfixes" that you're using here?
>
> After DEV300_m106 was tagged and OOO340 has been branched off, some
> build breakers have been found. Fixes have been applied on both code
> lines, means: in different repositories. Thus their changesets are not
> identical, but the fix nevertheless exists in both repos.

Gotcha. Now I understand. Separate commits rather than a merge.

I'll make sure sbclean is removed from my local set of CWS repositories.

> "Masterfix" means that this is a change that was not done on a child
> workspace, but directly committed to the master code line of the repo.
> Sorry for using an insider term. I promise to improve. :-)

Not a problem! It is clear now, so when you use it again, I'll know what you
mean.

Moving forward, I suspect a large amount of work will be committed directly
to trunk. It is just much more efficient at moving things forward. And this
*is* version control, after all. There isn't any way for us to permanently
break things. :-)

Cheers,
-g