incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 16:58:24 GMT
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 12:45, Michael Stahl <mst@openoffice.org> wrote:
>> Once we have a better picture of what is ready or not cws-list.txt needs
>> to be updated.
>
> i think the goal is to migrate all open CWSes, because perhaps there's still
> something useful in there, and we don't have time to investigate every CWS
> now.

Right. Migrating them all into Subversion for later review is best. We
can always 'rm' the branch if the CWS is determined to be useless.

> just tried it out, and it took 80 minutes to produce a 2.6 GB repo with 178
> bookmarks.
> indeed a lot of bookmarks are duplicated, as described above.
>
> tweaked it a bit, see attachment.

You have commit privs. Apply your fixes right away. We don't need to
review your patch first. Remember: Commit-Then-Review. This will get
things done a lot faster.

The development process that OOo used to use, as I understand it,
looks incredibly heavyweight and slow moving. At Apache, you commit
your changes. If you have a large-ish feature you're unsure about,
then discuss it on the mailing list, and (maybe) go start a branch. In
many cases, it is possibly to develop even large features on trunk
because you can "hide" it or make it have near-zero impact on the main
trunk code.

Cheers,
-g