incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding SVN Layout Ideas to Re: Apache CMS Workflow and a Key Question
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 05:44:15 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 22:21, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> (1) A full export of all webcontent repositories from Kenai. Done via svn export.
>
> /site/trunk/content/kenai/${OOo-project}
>
> The script in ./trunk/tools/dev/fetch-all-web.sh can be adapted to fill this directory
with an svn export. SInce this will be a large import into Apache we will need to co-ordinate
with Infrastructure.

I don't have any input on your overall plan, but have svn expertise to
lend here.

If you're doing an "svn export", then that implies you're just
grabbing the tip from the kenai data. You will then have a big
directory of content to "svn import" into the ASF repository. That
does *not* require coordination with Infrastructure. That is a simple
commit, and has no impact on other people using the repository.

If you wanted to retain history, then you would need something more
than "svn export", and you would produce a dumpfile. At that point,
you would need to coordinate with Infrastructure to load the dumpfile.

Cheers,
-g