incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOO340 to svn
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:56:15 GMT

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201107.mbox/%3Cj04sqo$mj0$1@dough.gmane.org%3E

> where Michael Stahl proposed #3 to commit OOO340 tip. If it's possible
> to copy the hg repos to apache-extras.org I think there's all the
> project needs.

Right. I saw where consensus was heading on those threads, and my own
education on how Hg works and the available tooling. It would be awesome to
get the history converted, but realistically...

Sigh.

> Actually I don't get why we still waste time discussing this, it seems
> to have turned out that retaining full history in hg->svn is not
> possible without manual intervention and lot of work, so use the next
> feasible solution.

We talk about it because we are optimistic, and we are hopeful.

I have created "ooo" on apache-extras, but would like to give a full 72 hour
discussion to see what support looks like. This does mean that we will only
have "tip" in svn. That needs some thought and acceptance before we do that.

Cheers,
-g