incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Juan C. Sanz" <juancsa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:28:28 GMT
El 22/07/2011 5:10, Dennis E. Hamilton escribió:
> There are 20 Initial Committers on the OpenOffice.org incubator proposal who have not
yet submitted iCLAs or informed us of their intention not to do so.

> Today I used the following format for a message to one of those Initial Committers.
>
> Before 19 more of these are sent out I wanted to check how understandable this is.
>
> I am particularly concerned for how clear this is for those who are not native English
speakers.

> I welcome your advice.
>
>   - Dennis
>
> *** specimen message ***

OpenOffice.org incubator podling. You are also invited to serve on the Podling Project Management
Committee after you are established as a committer.

> The prerequisite to becoming established as a committer is to register an iCLA agreement
with Apache.

> Our records indicate that no iCLA has been received from you.
>
> If you do not choose to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to<ooo-private@incubator.apache.org>.
 We will then know not wait for it.

> If you are submitting an iCLA, please report your decision to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
and indicate how much time you need before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.

> For more information and iCLA/CCLA forms, go to<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.
 Complete instructions for submission of an iCLA is at the top of the form (text or PDF).

> We welcome your contribution to the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator project.
>
>   - the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC)
>
> *** end of specimen message ***

I think it's understundandable. But, what is the next step? how long do
we wait for the user id?
Regards.
Juan C. Sanz