incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Releasing OOo 3.4 on the old infrastructure
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:27:46 GMT

On 4 Jul 2011, at 18:01, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> If the Oracle grant (a license) applies to the code at a particular snapshot in time,
then I assume that changes to that code after that might not be covered (however covered by
the CLA to Oracle/Sun), and certainly anything which involves additional files might not be
covered.

While Oracle has expressed general goodwill, their grant at present is in the form of an explicit
list enumerating what files are covered. We almost certainly need to monitor a build of 3.4
to see if that list of files includes everything necessary. Whatever repo we run that build
on:
 * will include a mix of licensing until the grant from Oracle is updated,
 * is open source so there are no restrictions on our actions
 * is not intended for full release so doesn't break any Apache rules
As such it doesn't seem to matter much to my naive eyes whether we wait for the SVN repo to
be built, build from the existing Hg repo (assuming we've sufficient access), or do it somewhere
else.

I expect I am wrong though, I'm getting used to that :-)

S.