incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 16:53:41 GMT
On Jul 3, 2011, at 3:51 AM, C wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:35, TJ Frazier <> wrote:
>> Moving the wiki is going to be a bear. I can only help with the cleanup
>> afterward, since that merely requires some OO.o familiarity, and modest
>> Confluence skill.
> The documentation in the current MediaWiki instance has, as many of
> you well know, some very deep dependencies on MW and on the various
> extensions (custom written and standard).  I have a feeling that there
> are quite a few people here who have no idea just how monumental of a
> task that would be.  It will not be a "simple" import... it will
> require a manual rework of a couple thousand pages of Wiki content
> just to pull in the docs...

Please provide a few concrete examples of the thousands of pages that will need to be reworked.
What features of MediaWiki are required and what is the purpose. Give me some of the gory

> The short of it is.. I'll help move the MediaWiki to a new server on
> the Apache side (if the decision is made to do this), but I'm not
> interested in moving the content to Confluence (if this is the final
> decision).

The bar is much higher to add to Apache Infrastructure. It must be proven to Infrastructure
that we have enough volunteers that can administer the service. Confluence is already present,
as is the Apache CMS.

We have individuals with scripting abilities. If the wiki re-work is mechanical then we can
script it.

> C.
> --
> Clayton Cornell