incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:47:16 GMT

On Jul 7, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:12 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

<big snip>

>> I also think that mailing lists are not the best medium to "speak" with
>> marketing and news people outside. A single and easy to reach webpage is
>> much better.
>>

> yes...the Blog would be much easier upkeep than the current "News" page on
> the existing site as well.  Let's do it! :)

Recent blog entries can appear on any CMS page in the website. See the main www.apache.org
and Latest News. These are from the Apache Blog.

Note also the "Latest Activity" section this can be recent svn, twitter feeds, etc.

Once active, if we republish the main openoffice.org page on a schedule then we get an always
fresh and relevant page.

Regards,
Dave