incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:25:54 GMT

On Jul 12, 2011, at 8:03 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2011, at 15:38, Dave Fisher wrote:

>>> While that sounds good, I'm not sure it's the Apache way and I'd welcome a comment
from one of the mentors.

>> See Daneese Cooper's emails.
>
> Did you have a specific one in mind? Naturally I read everything Danese writes, but so
far I have not seen her comment on the issue of whether and how market research over-rides
the interests of Apache members.

Sorry, I am out of pocket and this thread is so long. Basically she is talking about consulting
one of the ASF's attorney's regarding the names and brand dilution issues from a legal standpoint.

I hadn't gotten to market research. I'm focused on migration and the websites - all names
are possible right now and in the future. I don't want to tie the branding too tightly in
the web design. The Apache CMS will allow us to isolate these elements.

Regards,
Dave