incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2011 19:57:14 GMT
Yesterday I got tired of the look of people.mdtext in the project site. It was so 1990s. So,
I've improved the look via css and adding defined widths. I guess I am volunteering for the
item on

Several of us have been surveying the existing website on several wiki pages
mostly linked to from:

With over 140 "projects" in, it will be important to agree to a mapping which
reduces the granularity by more than an order of magnitude. The page
is a good and clear way to start - and pretty much fits the structure on

	• Product Development
	• Extension Development
	• Language Support
	• Helping Users
	• Distribution
	• Promotion

I think that these groupings will help us easily have a rule about which projects end up on or stay on the successor http://*

Projects have "webcontent" and/or "wiki" content. On there is a generally consistent
look. There are exceptions which are marketing sites like The
difference is glaring because that is the first big button on the main site.

Webcontent is available via svn - "svn co${project}~webcontent
${project}" (Thanks Marcus Lange)

Some projects are huge and others small. I downloaded several:

wave@minotaur:~/ooo-test$ ls -1

The size is 2.7GB.

It would be good to come up with a scripted way to convert existing webcontent to either mdtext,
an altered html, or specialized javascript and css. It is likely we can adapt the content
and use the Apache CMS to wrap a standard skeleton.

View raw message