incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:33:00 GMT

On 13 Jul 2011, at 14:29, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 13 Jul 2011, at 12:55, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>
>>> If a project decides to create a canonical place to find things like
>>> extensions and templates then we will expect the (P)PMC to demonstrate
>>> active oversight of that repository.
>>
>> To clarify this, Sam:  Do you mean that any external repository would need to be
under the sole oversight of the (P)PMC, or are you simply indicating that involvement in an
external shared repository would need to be with the consent of the (P)PMC?

> You might have snipped a wee bit too much there.  But the short answer
> is: got a concrete proposal?

Yes, I proposed that the project redirect to the LibreOffice repository for as long as necessary
to bridge the construction phase of the Apache project.