incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Symphony contribution
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:32:09 GMT
Hi Rob,

Le 14 juil. 11 à 00:00, Rob Weir a écrit :

> I'm sending this with my IBM "hat".

:)

> I'm going to be speaking

[ ...cut... ]

> We will be doing the following:
>
> First, we're going to contribute the standalone version of Lotus
> Symphony to the Apache OpenOffice.org project, under the Apache 2.0
> license. We'll also work with project members to prioritize which
> pieces make sense to integrate into OpenOffice.  For example, we've
> already done a lot of work with replacing GPL/LPGL dependencies.
> Using the Symphony code could help accelerate that work and get us
> to an AOOo release faster.  We've already converted the help files to
> DITA, which could help accelerate that work, if we chose to go in
> that direction.

Wow, that's a great news, and I forwarded your mail on my blog. See :
http://eric.bachard.org/news

I'm eager to learn the improvement IBM did in the code. What about
make IRC ClassRooms about some of them ?  e.g. invite the peopl who
worked on some feature, and let them explain us what they exactly
did, and so on.

Thanks,
Eric Bachard

--