incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Releasing OOo 3.4 on the old infrastructure
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:14:35 GMT

On Jul 4, 2011, at 3:04 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:

> Hi, Simon,
>
> On 7/4/2011 17:27, Simon Phipps wrote:
>>
>> On 4 Jul 2011, at 18:01, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> If the Oracle grant (a license) applies to the code at a particular snapshot
in time, then I assume that changes to that code after that might not be covered (however
covered by the CLA to Oracle/Sun), and certainly anything which involves additional files
might not be covered.

>> While Oracle has expressed general goodwill, their grant at present is in the form
of an explicit list enumerating what files are covered. We almost certainly need to monitor
a build of 3.4 to see if that list of files includes everything necessary. Whatever repo we
run that build on:
>>  * will include a mix of licensing until the grant from Oracle is updated,
>>  * is open source so there are no restrictions on our actions
>>  * is not intended for full release so doesn't break any Apache rules
>> As such it doesn't seem to matter much to my naive eyes whether we wait for the SVN
repo to be built, build from the existing Hg repo (assuming we've sufficient access), or do
it somewhere else.

>> I expect I am wrong though, I'm getting used to that :-)
>>
>> S.
>>
> Without being able to view the private agreement, I'd like to mention a couple of off-beat
items which I hope are included:

> 1) UNOIDL - that is, the Unified Network Object Interface Description Language compiler,
which produces the content of api.oo.o, and the input files.

I hope so that information needs to build into the website. Some configuration will be needed.

> 2) The OpenSymbol font. The Math Engine (TeX-like) depends heavily on it, and it may
be used elsewhere in OO.o.

There should be license information in the font metadata. What does it say?

Regards,
Dave