incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r792168 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg: ./ content/openofficeorg/people.html
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:30:39 GMT

On Jul 4, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> [...]

Yes. not everyone has a big screen like you. A lot of people have learned that eye fatigue
is aggravated by reading long lines.

> Would simply using &nbsp; between the text words resolve this?

Perhaps, so. I'll be experimenting with the headers. But for me knowing pixels is a little
easier than counting &nbsp;

>> Maybe someone should enhance  markdown  extras.
>>
>> http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/#table
>>
>> All  it can do is control the alignment. Width control ought to be allowed,
>> either  that or an id / class tag to actually tie it in with specific css.
>>
>> |  Item      | Value |
>> | ------200 | --:100|
>> | Computer   | $1600 |
>> | Phone     |   $12 |
>> | Pipe       |    $1 |
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> You do realize that the CMS allows you to do arbitrary things with the markdown,
> including preprocessing it before sending it off to the templating system.  Also
> the python markdown parser is extensible, so if you prefer going that way and
> contributing code to infra we can add a custom extension for everyone to use.

Yes, I do. I am currently thinking about the OOo webcontent and conversion of the html.

There will be thousand of pages, but hopefully not too many patterns.

>> Otherwise I really don't see why  it's wrong to have the html table here.
>
> If you had examined the content of the table you might have noticed how bloody
> awful
> the html was (filled with unmatched tags).  What you have now is far more
> maintainable
> in a collaborative context- humans make terrible html parsers.

Agreed. Not everyone has written lexers and parsers.

I'm just frustrated by the movement of the controls.

Regards,
Dave