incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Future of OOo
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 15:26:15 GMT

On 7 Jul 2011, at 16:03, IngridvdM wrote:

> Hi Donald, Ross, all,
>
> Am 07.07.2011 12:56, schrieb Donald Harbison:
> [...]
>> The end of a corporate controlled project, and the beginning of two new open
>> source projects
> [...]
>
> I would like to change this part of the description. I think it should be made absolute
clear to the public that the split of the community has happened before and completely independent
from the donation of OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation. The creation of LibreOffice/TDF
has happend already last year in 2010.

While I understand why you believe this, I think it's unhelpful "framing" that's likely to
perpetuate division. I prefer Don's approach, which takes a higher-level view of what has
happened.

Cheers,

S.