incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Commiters list and the students
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:12:21 GMT

On Jul 14, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I'm delighted to see that you are submitting your iCLA.
>>
>> Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I want to point out that registration of
an iCLA is a prerequisite for becoming a committer, but it is not sufficient.  There must
also be an invitation (which only Initial Committers have automatically) and a few others
steps to establish the committer.

>> Finally, because we are talking about students, it may be necessary to be careful
about submitting the work of others.  (This may be a case where having registered an iCLA
may be valuable whether or not a student becomes a committer in the time in which they are
involved with the project.)  I'm not sure how this works for minors.

> It is long thread, but last month the INcubator debated and voted to retire what was
essentially a student project in China - Bluesky. Some of the concerns and problems encountered
may help you understand some of the special issues with students and the Apache model of open,
community development.

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3C4E096B7E.8010905@apache.org%3E

Sorry, but this is a better thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTi=gBok7Q0bCfVzwxh+FZTw-o=AKLg@mail.gmail.com%3E