incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject How to use the "www.openoffice.org" domain in the future?
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:59:36 GMT
Hi,

I've read/heard about the following somewhere here and want to continue
the discussion.

Even when we don't have a decision for an official name for our project
and product, we can start thinking about how to use the
"www.openoffice.org" in the future.

The normal and average user could be guided on www.oo.o for the
following. Examples:

- learn more about the product
- finding documentation
- get the software
- provide help on a user-level

The developers and others who wants to work on (or close to) the code
can do this in the Apache project. Examples:

- participate/collaborate/contribute on code base
- help to improve the quality
- help to localize/translate

This has also the advantage that we can keep the current OOo trademark
because we are still using it. However, we can also explain why we have
to rename the product to, e.g., "Apache OpenOffice".

What do you think?

Marcus