incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:37:16 GMT
Hi Malte,

Malte Timmermann wrote on 2011-07-29 14:56:

> I really disagree to add all the members from OOo and LibO to the AOOo
> security list.

well, that's sad to hear, but I guess nobody cares at all, so I won't
elaborate any further on this.

> This was the same with OOo/LibO: You didn't add all people from OOo
> security team to the LibO security list. Just me, and that actually was
> enough IMHO.

IMHO, I tried to bring everyone involved on that list, and we IMHO even
discussed that on the OOo security list and gave people a chance to
raise their hands. I don't have a subscriber list, but we tried to add
all active people.

> Honestly, I don't see a reason to have LibO PR/Marketing people on an
> AOOo security list, _except_ they plan to work on security bulletins or
> PR stuff also for AOOo.

Everyone on the LibO security list is involved directly in security --
either in detecting, fixing or writing security bulletins. We have no
marketing/PR people on their just out of nothing.

> For example: I really like and trust you, but after the LibO fork, I
> would only have added LibO people to the OOo security list who work on
> security analyzes and common patches. I wouldn't have seen any reason to
> add you, knowing that you only do LibO PR, but no OOo PR anymore.
> You would have been informed via the LibO security list if needed.
>
> (Sorry to pick your name, but I guess that's a good example to make my
> point clear).

No problem. It's not about me, I just find it sad that things that
worked out so very well in the past, and that could be a basis
cooperation, are no revoked by your side.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108