incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:41:36 GMT
Hello,

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote on 2011-07-28 22:04:
> I support Malte's recommendation to add two individuals that are currently in-common
with respect to OpenOffice.org (traditional) and LibreOffice.

I must confess I find it really strange that policies seem to be changed
here.

We had a good team at OpenOffice.org working on various security aspects
(reporting, fixing, communicating), and when LibreOffice started, we
unbureaucratically continued to work with the same set of people that
has been proven trustworthy already. Everyone agreed that security is
one of the areas where cooperation is possible without any politics
involved.

I don't know the exact recipient list of the current OOo security list,
but my proposal would simply have been to continue working with those
people. I simply see no reason for changing that (and the notion of "We
do things different here" is no valid argument at all to me).

But maybe that's just my idea. Well, anyways, back to important stuff.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108