incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <hdu_...@alice.de>
Subject Re: OOO340 to svn
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:37:06 GMT
> 1) import just the OOO340 tip into svn
> 2) move all the Hg repositories over to apache-extras.org. That
> supports Hg and it supports "any OSI license". We can indefinitely
> retain history there without it being "part of" our ASF project.

To get things going fast this might be the best way.

But shouldn't the Oracle-license headers be replaced by ASL2 license
headers first before the tip is committed into the ASF-projects svn?

The original OOo project went through three revision control systems
(CVS -> SVN -> HG) and during each transition valuable information was
lost. So it may be a good idea to preserve not only the HG-history, but
also the older CVS and SVN histories.

Herbert